Saturday, October 22, 2016

Meet Ms. McMay

Meet Ms. McMay

Welcome to day 3 of meeting the McMay’s. Now that Mrs. McMay (Michala) has cleared up some scuttle-butt and introduced herself, it’s time for me to introduce myself. I am Ms. Sheri May, single mother (yet again) to an amazing 9-year old, sassy pants, girly-girl, Auryana. I'm a ♓️Pisces/Aquarius♒️ (no I don't follow that stuff but it def helps explain my personality(ies)). 

ME (can i get a selfie?): 


My History:
I grew up in Arlington, Texas. I was home-schooled k-4 and then went to a private school 3-9 then a public school 10-11, then moved to Houston for my senior year (worse time of my life). Then I moved back to Arlington for college, then moved to Austin for college and that's where my daughter was born, then I moved back to Houston, and here I am today landed in Katy. Yup I'm like the traveling Texan. Moved a million times but never left my home state. 

My Credentials: I have my bachelor degree from UHD in Business Administration- Accounting (which only took me 10 years), and am currently working as a proposal manager for an environmental construction company. I also have my certificate of Entrepreneurship (whaaat?) seems like I should be doing something with that! 🤔 I 

How did I get here:
Earlier this year, my best friend/soulmate/partner in life (and crime) passed away in a tragic motorcycle accident (I will share that aspect of my life at a later date).  Needless to say, that flipped our lives over and changed our path forever. Since then, my goals have been completely different. I realize my daughter needs me more than ever right now and we just need to not be stressed. I always have too many irons in the fire. I love staying busy and being involved, but over the last couple of years I learned to say no a lot more. So now I’m saying no to stress and yes to new adventures! 

How this crazy conglomerate got started:
One day while Michala and I were chatting it dawned on us that we both had similar goals and that we are quite the power couple (no homo) when we put our heads together.
We decided, WHY should we both struggle to be the women/mothers,etc. we want to be, when we could combine our powers and actually accomplish everything we want and more!?! 

(Reason #1 for raising the compound- moments like these)

Evan aka Mr. McMay usually just sits back and watches us in amusement.  What can I say? We are two crazy hot messes. We have all kinds of ideas and we plan on implementing many very soon! So, stay tuned for a slew of our shenanigans! 

Most Importantly About Me:
I LOVE dogs! I am super obsessed with my little obnoxious furbabies! Hunter (16 lbs) is the little black weird one (I think he could have his own blog). He is seriously the sweetest most chill dog I've ever met. Our first year with him we were convinced he was NOT form the K-9 family, he's just very different, I truly believe if he were a humane he would be my sweet and smiling little Downsyndrome baby :-) He's the best! Tinkerbelle (7 lbs) is my little tri-colored firecracker of a chihuahua. She's the boss, just ask her. 


(left) Tinkerbelle aka Tink and 
(right) Hunter aka HuntyBear


Additional useless information:
Some things you will learn about me here is that I have a huge heart and I’m too nice, but I also don’t take anyone’s bad behavior and I give ZERO >cares< about what people think about me (trying to tame my potty mouth). That’s why I am totally open to sharing my crazy life right here for the whole world to see. 

On another note, contrary to Mrs. McMay, I LOATHE grocery shopping. It literally gives me anxiety. I will, however, bake cookies, all day every day, but not a fan of cooking meals! I’ve never wanted to be a stay-at-home anything, I’m a career woman, in the man’s world, kicking butt and taking names! (just kidding) 

Side note-#HASHTAGS# (no actually they are pound signs people, come on people):
I often "hashtag" badmoms because, well the movie was hilarious, but also because I don't think being in someone else's box for my life makes sense. I don't care what is socially acceptable or expected, I'm not a square so I don't play by other people's rules. And after all I'm from Texas, so what did you expect? Since stereotypes don't effect my life, I hashtag badmoms and let you think what you want about my crazy social media posts because I do what I want! SO, as you follow us on social media, you can expect to see some of these # often:

#badmoms
#raisingthecompound
#sisterwives
#whoshitintheden 


Until we blog again... I send you off with this overly appropriate song 
                     (play it, you know you want to):







No comments:

Post a Comment